Prior to Entry
- Detox. Participants are required to be clean of any substances prior to entry, having undergone supervised detox (either in a facility or with your GP).
- Thorough medical, questionnaire and interview. We will arrange this with you.
- Family support questionnaire and interview. We will arrange this with you.
- Nicotine replacement arranged with your GP (if you are a smoker).
- Medical consultation with our GP or nurse to confirm your health.
- Entry interview to get a sense of your immediate situation and motivation.
- Behaviour contract to be clear on acceptable behavior, what constitutes a breach and potential exclusion from the program, and what this means.
- Comprehensive orientation to the facilities and program.
Most days will follow a structure, similar to the following (with occasional changes to suit specific activities). A healthy daily routine is one of the essential habits that you will develop at Gunnebah and continue after your time with us.
|Example Daily Schedule|
|6.30am||Pre breakfast / dawn activity – yoga – meditation|
|9.00am||Group exercise activity|
|3.00pm||Individual Counseling or Group therapy|
|4.30pm||Community participation - e.g.vegie garden, care for the animals, healthy meal preparation|
|8.00pm||Evening fun activity|
|9.00pm||Daily closure activity|
24/7 Medical care by doctor available
Activities you may experience include (but are not limited to):
- National park tours
- Sauna and Spa
- Day trips
- Learning to surf
- Sea kayaking
- Swimming pool
- Ping Pong
- Lawn bowls
- Indoor bowls
- Group exercise
Rehab is not the end of the road, it’s the beginning. We provide an ongoing program of encouragement and support to assist your successful transition back into the world beyond Gunnebah and to help you to continue to grow with the changes you have begun here. This includes:
- Referral/introduction to local support groups, networks and services
- Individual follow-up to check-in on your progress
- Email and Facebook groups and sharing
- Family check-in call