Prior to Entry
- Identification of any detox needs and relevant process with our Clinical Director.
- Thorough medical, questionnaire and interview. We will arrange this with you.
- Family support questionnaire and interview. We will arrange this with you.
- Nicotine replacement arranged with your GP (if you are a smoker).
- Medical consultation with our GP or nurse to confirm your health.
- Entry interview to get a sense of your immediate situation and motivation.
- Behaviour contract to ensure a supportive, community environment amongst participants. This includes what constitutes a breach and potential exclusion from the program.
- Comprehensive orientation to the facilities and program.
Many days will follow a structure, similar to the following (with occasional changes to suit specific activities). A healthy daily routine is one of the essential habits that you will develop at Gunnebah and continue after your time with us.
Twice a week we will be off site (for the whole day or half a day) for interesting, fun or exciting activities. Once a week there will be an afternoon available for friends and family to visit.
|Example Daily Schedule|
|6.30am||Pre breakfast / dawn activity – yoga – meditation with qualified instructor|
|8.30am||Group exercise / fitness activity with qualified instructor|
|10.30am||Community participation activity - learn whilst doing and work together - e.g. grow vegetables, care for the animals, healthy meal preparation - guided by an experienced practitioner or visiting expert|
|12.30pm||Lunch - meals designed by dietitian for maximum benefit|
|1.30pm||Games / fun activity|
|2.30pm||Education session - lecture / forum / workshop on topics such as relationships, communication skills, financial management, emotional and self regulation, addiction and your brain, how to create happiness in your life, and more|
|4.30pm||Individual Counseling or Group therapy with fully qualified and highly skilled therapists|
|6.30pm||Dinner - meals designed by dietitian for maximum benefit|
|8.00pm||Daily closure activity and intention for tomorrow - guided by skilled community development worker|
24/7 Medical care by doctor available
Activities you may experience include (but are not limited to):
- Learning to surf
- White water rafting
- Sea kayaking with dolphins
- Horse riding
- High ropes adventure
- Tai Chi
- Jet boating
- Rock climbing
- Team building
- Day trips to local attractions
- National park tours
- Circus arts
- Stand up paddleboarding
- Tribal drumming
- Swimming pool
- Ping Pong
- Learn to row
- Lawn bowls
- Quad biking
- Indoor bowls
- Group exercise
- Tandem paragliding
- And much more
Rehab is not the end of the road, it’s the beginning. We provide an ongoing program of encouragement and support to assist your successful transition back into the world beyond Gunnebah and to help you to continue to grow with the changes you have begun here. This includes:
- Referral/introduction to local support groups, networks and services
- Individual follow-up to check-in on your progress
- Email and Facebook groups and sharing
- Family check-in call