The best value in private drug and alcohol rehab in Australia. And an all-inclusive price. We always publish the cost of addiction rehab on our website.
Cost of drug and alcohol rehab
Our price is all-inclusive – everything from accommodation and meals to counselling and group programs to offsite activities. There are no hidden costs. We won’t be billing you for lots of little extras. We won’t be trying to sell you other courses. This is it. One excellent package and an upfront price. (See exclusions below – they are quite reasonable, we just have to state them to be completely clear).
Program Fee: $18,200 for 28 days (and $650/day for each day thereafter)
We have a minimum stay of 4 weeks but we strongly recommend guests stay for 8 or 12 weeks. Some guests stay longer. Generally, the longer the stay the greater the chance of success.
Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
What is included?
- Pickup service from Gold Coast International Airport or nearby towns
- Your own room
- All meals
- All off-site activities
- All onsite medical visits (as per medical issues disclosed)
- All psychology and counselling sessions
- Yoga, group fitness and exercise program
- Education program
- Group Therapy
- Family counselling session
- Supervised and structured environment
- Drug testing
- All linen, including bedding and towels
- Fully equipped laundry, including dryers
- Aftercare plan on exit
- And more…
For more on what is included, take a look at our program
What is not included?
- Significant unexpected medical needs or medical evacuation expenses
- Any prescription medicines or pharmaceutical items and health supplements required during your stay
- Any malicious or recklessly negligent damage to our facilities
- Any cost of removal from the facility if you are excluded for misbehaviour/breach but refuse to leave
- Any reports for legal matters including employers or professional bodies
- Personal toiletries
- Guest spending money for incidentals
- Additional documentation. Should you require additional documentation or court reports an additional charge may apply.
- Group Therapy after completing Gunnebah residential program
- Individual Therapy after completing Gunnebah residential program
- Additional Family Therapy
Full payment in advance is required to reserve your place in the program.
What to do if you cannot afford this price
- Participate in a non-residential recovery program in your area – such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, or Smart Recovery. Gunnebah runs a weekly free Smart Recovery training in Murwillumbah as part of our Community Contribution.
- Discuss options with your GP.
- You may be able to access funds from your superannuation (on compassionate grounds). Apply directly to the ATO for free or get ReleaseMySuper to help (for a fee).
- Seek a bed at a public rehab. Gunnebah operates independent of government funding but there are a number of low-cost, government-funded residential rehabs.
Accessing superannuation to pay for rehab
Guests might be able to access some of their superannuation funds (on compassionate grounds) to pay for rehab. You can either:
- Complete the application form yourself for free. The ATO can assist with related enquiries. Or,
- Ask a company, such as releasemysuper, to prepare the application for you for a fee.
For information about refunds please see our FAQ…
Old pricing for past guests
If you have stayed at Gunnebah within the last 12 months and our price has increased since your last stay then you can request that your stay receive the Gunnebah website pricing as at the date of the last day of your most recent stay at Gunnebah. (Please remember to ask us when you book if you want to take advantage of this offer).
For me I was so scared and nervous going into this but I couldn’t have found myself in a better place. The team that works there are brilliant and friendly and the place itself is awesome and definitely one of the best things I’ve ever done to help myself. I’ve made new friends for life and left there feeling like a new person – I was so scared and shy at the start but in the end I didn’t wanna leave cos it’s such an amazing place with good people. Thank you to everyone. ~ Jason J.