The Four Pillars
We provide a structured program focused on building life-skills, developing insight and healthy lifelong habits. The program is built around four key pillars of wellness and will open the door to living the life you want.
Exercise, nutrition and sleep to help you feel good in your body.
Understanding your relationship with addiction and building skills.
Counselling, group therapy and mindfulness.
Building social skills and making healthy connections
What We Provide
Individual Therapy — Individual therapy to focus on your life and what’s important.
Group Therapy — Group therapy and team building in a safe, nurturing community. Develop enduring, mutually supportive friendships with others who know what you are going through because they’ve been there.
Educational Seminars— Psychobiology of addiction seminars to help you understand what’s happening to your mind and body so you can intervene.
Adventures — Adventures and new experiences (e.g. learn to surf, climb Mt Warning, sea kayaking, etc) to rediscover the excitement in life itself – like you had before addiction became the only thing in life.
Therapeutic Techniques— Therapeutic techniques to help addiction. This includes Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
Exercise— Exercise, yoga, mindfulness and meditation, and wholesome food to help you become physically and mentally well.
Location — A semi-remote location, removed from the stress, complications and temptations of everyday life. Gunnebah is in a beautiful, tranquil area, close to some of Australia’s most scenic national parks and beaches.
Family Therapy— Integrated family therapy, as required.
Before, During & After
A guest may request supervised leave with family or friends and is decided on a case by case basis in collaboration with staff.
Should a guest choose to leave during their stay without our consent they may not be allowed to return.
Guests commit to participate in all activities.
Unfortunately, we cannot treat people with serious unmanaged mental illness or a significant history of perpetrating violence.
The management of Gunnebah reserves the right to discharge any client from our treatment program, and no refund will be given, for any of the following reasons:
- A guest is found to be intoxicated (with alcohol or drugs) during their stay at our facility or is in possession of any alcohol or non-prescribed drugs. This includes refusal to take a drug test or alcohol test.
- A guest causes disruption to the treatment program and/or disturbs the treatment of other clients during their stay. This includes, but is not limited to, inappropriate behaviour, theft, and the breaking of federal or state laws.
- Refusal to comply with the treatment program. This includes but is not limited to, leaving the property without approval, leaving the group without approval when on an excursion, serious non-participation or active undermining of the program.
- Undisclosed acute mental illness or criminal history.
- A guest is found to be medically or psychologically unstable/ unfit to stay in the program. (In this situation, a refund will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Any sexual activity between guests.
On arrival, if we find you have withheld important relevant information, you will not be admitted.
On arrival, if we assess your condition to be high risk, we will refer you to a medical detox facility or mental health facility, for your own wellbeing.